The 2019 Texas Three-way fishing Tournament will consist of 3 individual qualifying events, (Reds, Trout, & Black Drum). All anglers are invited to participate in all 3 events which is heaviest 2 fish PER VESSEL in each category. All fish must be of legal size and caught by legal methods listed below. Additionally, a Slot Red side pot will be given to the King of the Fish winner.
Weigh station location is: Thompsons Bait Camp 213 Simms Rd Baytown, Tx 77523
We will make every effort to keep the 2019 TTWFT a competitive and fun regardless of your angling experience. To stay up to date on anything related to the 2019 TTWFT or to ask questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or contact David 936-252-1558. Scott 832-466-1433
We look forward to seeing you at the event!
While we try to accommodate as many request as we can, we are only able to enforce rules that make sense for the entire event and promote the growth of this tournament and the sport as a whole.
Winners (1st,2nd,3rd places) is determined by total weight in each class. • King of the Fish will go to the angler with the biggest slot redfish.
ENTRY FEES • ALL participants MUST have paid entry fee prior to fishing. • Entry Fee for this tournament is $60 per person. Max 4 per vessel!!! (Children up to the age of 10 Free Entry) (King of the fish side pot is $15 per person) ONLINE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE
● KING OF THE FISH SIDE POT due at check-in.
• All fish must be submitted for scoring by 3:00PM, they are submitted in person!! • Anglers will be able to launch from public launch and at weight station location. • Drinks/snacks will be available. Please plan accordingly. • We are fortunate and thankful to have as many sponsors as we do. Please make sure to show them your support. Failure to follow these rules may result in immediate or future disqualification.
• Registration will be through the online service and We will be offering day-of or onsite registration. MAKE SURE to SIGN UP ONLINE • Registration will be available online on www.Bowtosternfishingtours.com Anglers will be given a code in their confirmation email that they need at check-in.
• The Payout Structure is as follows: Each category will receive 25% of the total 75% of the proceeds.
Exp. 30 anglers register equals $1350 Red Fish 1st. place $300 2nd place $150
King of the fish side pot payout is 100%
The Equasearch Benifit Tournament payout TBA.
• Launch Procedure is streamlined to launch earlier. Competitors need to be in line, for check-in by 6:00AM. Once this line is checked in the Captain’s Meeting will begin and the Launch will follow. Any anglers not in line by the time the Captain’s Meeting is started will have to wait until after launch. For example, if all anglers in line are checked in by 6:13 AM, the Captains Meeting will begin, and Launch may happen as early as 6:20 AM.
LIABILITY RELEASE/LICENSE REQUIREMENTS • ALL competitors must agree to a liability release prior to start of the event, this will be completed during your check in. • ALL competitors UNDER the age of 18 must provide a liability release signed by a parent or guardian before the start of the event. Parent or guardian must be present. This will be completed during check in. • ALL competitors MUST have a valid Texas Saltwater Fishing License or be exempt under TPWD regulations. • For current regulations and information on fishing licenses visit: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/licenses/index.phtml
APPROVED WATERCRAFT • Kayak and canoes are acceptable • Gasoline or electric motor propelled boats, except sail boats, air boats, float tubes, or poled boats may be used. •Pier/shoreline/wade allowed.
LAUNCH POINT • ALL competitors must launch from shore at designated launch spot. • ALL competitors will launch at designated launch time.
PERMITTED FISHING METHODS/BAIT/LURES • Artificial baits/lures/flies and hand-tied flies will be permitted. • Live or dead bait shrimp may be used. NO croaker. • Rod and Reel and Fly Rods are the only devices acceptable. • NO downriggers allowed, trolling under human power is acceptable. • Wade Fishing is Allowed. You may exit the boat to land a fish. You must maintain 50yrd or less from boat while in the water. • 2 rods/lines per person in the water at anytime with a maximum of 1 trolling at any time, and 1 in angler's hands at any time.
SAFETY REGULATIONS ● A 360 Light is required under TPWD regulations when fishing 30 minutes before sunrise or 30 minutes after sunset or anytime in between and will be required when our launch times fall under these guidelines. Supernovas or LED light strips DO NOT meet these requirements. You will be held back for launch or DQ’ed if launching without a 360 light prior to safe light. • PFD (lifejacket) MUST be worn at ALL times by kayaks while on the water and all boaters while traveling. NO exceptions. Violators will be immediately disqualified if spotted not wearing a PFD. • Competitors must meet all TPWD regulations. http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/boat/laws/ • Competitors must meet all US Coast Guard Regulations. http://www.uscgboating.org/ • TTWFT official spotters will be present during competitions.
GENERAL RULES • NO competitors are to be within 20 yards of each other during fish-time; except in the case of emergency when assistance is required. • Fish are to be kept on stringers or live well. • Any ONE fish can only be submitted ONCE. ● Angler is responsible for ensuring that no fish is submitted twice for scoring. (Even if the same fish is caught twice in one tournament) ● All fish submitted and “accepted” by tournament manager/director are subject to final approval after official fishing time closes and before the award ceremony. ○ Tournament manager/director reserves the right to disqualify a fish after it was initially approved if they believe one or more of rules have been violated. ● In case a fish that was initially approved and it is then disqualified, and no foul play is suspected by the TD, the angler will have the opportunity to replace the fish with a "culled" fish, if available, but a 4 pound deduction will be implemented. • Captain’s Meeting attendance is MANDATORY.